Monday, March 21, 2011

March - thank goodness it's here!

Wow am I relieved to finally be in the month of march. Ok yeah, I realize it's almost over now. Thankfully, things slowed down just a little bit for the ministry and Joel has been home a little more. Judging season is over for me. And..we got to take a trip to Hawaii in the middle of the month!

March didn’t start off that great though..we began with a flooded basement, broken pipe in the front yard and broken garage door. All of that happened when Joel was away and I think I did an ok Job of taking care of it. But..it was horrible to have to go through it again when we JUST dealt with a flooded basement 2 years ago. A combo of problems caused the failure this time as the first pump went out, the alarm did not go off and the battery back up pump was installed wrong so it did not work either. In fact, Joel III and I both discovered the problem almost simultaneously as we both heard the pump make a weird noise and he looked at me and said “You ear dat?”

I sadly had to start Judah on solid food at the beginning of this month. He was totally ready, and my pediatrician actually suggested I start him even earlier due to his reflux. I waited until after the Florida trip. When we got home and things settled down a bit I noticed him grabbing my food and also crying when I would take a drink of something (but not when I would lower it .. he liked to look at it and try to grab it I guess?) We started with Oatmeal and then moved onto bananas, avocado , then carrots. He, of course, loves it. Here’s a video of his very first day of solids. Notice how Joel does not like Judah getting all the attention.




Joel loves to watch his brother eat and just recently the two have become quite entertained with each other. I say to Joel, "Joel make Judah laugh." And he does this fake laugh right in his face. Judah laughs and squeals in delight and tries to grab his face. Then it gets dangerous as Joel believes its time to wrestle or something. But, its fun and cute and gives me hope for them entertaining each other in the future. Along those lines, ironically it feels like Joel is getting less busy and Judah is getting busier. Of course, Knowing Judah’s age and remembering, I knew this was coming with Judah. At around 6 months its all over, and just gets worse and worse (the amount of work/supervision/feeding/diapers/laundry/discipline) However, we are quite pleased with Joel lately and how he is ever so slightly acquiring the ability to play well by himself and keep himself out of danger. I, of course say this only 4 weeks after he sliced his head open on the back of one of our metals stools that fell over..don’t worry, we got rid of them! Anyway, back to my point… it seems like he can actually stay in one room and behave a bit better at this age. Aside from a couple meltdowns per day, maybe a few spankings( for direct disobedience) per week, him being extra clingy when he gets up from his nap and killer disgusting poops in the morning.. he’s really not too bad.




No comments:

Post a Comment