Thursday, August 7, 2014

It's ANOTHER ....

I realize many of you have seen this video already, but I couldn't neglect making this official by putting it into the family blog.






Pregnancy
We are still shocked that it is a girl and trying to get used to the idea.  It is very encouraging (and kinda funny) how excited others are for us! It is such a change to pray for "her."  The boys ask questions about the new baby constantly and they always say things like "Where is he laying right now?" and I have to remind them that the baby is a "She." We are very grateful for this little blessing and thankful that she looks healthy and all is going well so far.



I"m about 5 months along (21 weeks) and feeling very good.  I have some lingering issues from past pregnancies (hernia, diastisis) that aren't causing me too much trouble... yet.

I am still doing CrossFit about 4x a week and those workouts are feeling great!  Some movements (body weight, mostly) are much more difficult, but others are, or at least seem to be.. about the same!  I've even had numerous PR's throughout the pregnancy, which I guess I can attribute to hormone surges... or something.  I wear a support belt during the WOD (workout of the day) and while doing any lifting movements.  There are only a few movements that I don't do (snatches, hand release push ups, fast burpees, sit ups), so all in all, I feel pretty good about things.  I know it will just get harder and harder but at this point I am very encouraged.

Prior to pregnancy, I was eating small amounts of gluten and feeling fine (no symptoms).  However, once I became pregnant, I noticed more GI symptoms so I decided to go back to avoiding it as much as possible.  I am still eating "Trim Healthy Mama" and have been for about a year.  I've changed things up a little bit, mostly on my workout days.  For instance, I need to incorporate more fats combined with carbs on workout days.. and I need to eat more frequently.  If I don't do this, I have some symptoms of low blood sugar.

It has been very interesting being so in tune with my body this pregnancy.  My routine hasn't changed much at all, yet I notice on certain weeks I am waaay more hungry, or waaay more sluggish, or waaay more sore (muscle fatigue) and I sleep like a rock.  And other weeks I have a huge PR in the gym, and can go longer between meals.  I honestly think that sometimes I can 'feel' her growth spurts.  Or, it might be related to something completely different, but it is very interesting to me!  The swings keeps me humble and grateful.  I know soon the energetic days might be few and far between. ;)


Gearing up for the School year 

Stand for Truth
Joel has spent a lot of time getting the ministry ready for the upcoming school year.  This year we have two interns working with us (Kyle and Matt) and another new addition to the team (Jessica) who is helping with administration and bookings.  It has about doubled the size of our team, but we for sure need the help.  The wives (Emily and I) have taken on a lot of work the first 5 or so years of the ministry but then when the kids began to arrive (There are now 6 soon to be 7 between the two of us. In less than 6 years!) We all quickly realized we needed more help!

We are thankful for these fellow laborers in the gospel, and excited to see how this year unfolds!

Homeschooling
Joel III (5 yrs) will enter his second year of Classical Conversations.  This year we will cover 'Cycle 3' which focuses on America.  I am so excited for Joel. Knowing that this year will be much easier for him, helps.  This year we may try to incorporate supplemental reading (going along with the historical content covered each week in CC) along with some Math and Handwriting.

Although Judah is eligible to start the Classical Conversations (he would be in the same class that Joel took last year) since he will have just turned 4 (he has a September birthday) and is incredibly active and still very content playing with toys and other kids, we will have him start the CC program next year.  Judah and Luther (2 yrs) will be working together with Mommy on letter and number recognition and perhaps some phonics. Although, I"m not embarrassed to admit, this loose plan might go out the window once baby #4 arrives.  Reading out loud is a priority to me and Bible reading so at the very minimum we will consistently be doing those things.


Our Summer
This summer was a blast.  We were on the go so much that I literally NEVER put the boys suitcases away! Here's a few pics..


Trips to Graeter's with Daddy. Socks are a requirement at Graeter's.  
Luther ended up with mittens on his feet. 


Bug watching was perfected this summer.  Here's a large and lonely 
cicada at the Dublin splash pad.


Library trips resulted in computer playing time. 


RV trips to random cities.  This one had a nice park right where Daddy was speaking. 
(if you have amazing eyes and perfect zoom capability you can see him in the background, 
wearing red) Luther very loudly, kept saying, "I hear Daddy!"


No comments:

Post a Comment