Friday, September 11, 2015

And... Another Year has Passed!


The Rest of April
CrossFit
I was in two back to back competitions in April, piggybacking off the CrossFit Open. They were great but totally exhausting.. I placed 2nd and 5th. I made Finals in both which was my goal.  When you make finals you get 'rewarded' by having to do another workout. Oh yeah, and its harder. Oh yeah, and everyone else is done for the day.  Still, I was pretty pumped with these results for my first two 'real' competitions. 

Vera made an appearance on the podium...

Did I mention it was exhausting??


Luther's Birthday
We had an informal Family gathering at Chick-fil-a for Luther's 3rd Birthday...

May
For my Birthday present, Joel took me to Seattle.  We brought our traveling buddy...


She did extremely well, but I could tell it was probably the last time that she would be brought with Mommy and Daddy and considered 'low maintenance.' At 5 months, it wasn't like traveling with an itty bitty newborn;) 

Luther's gymnastics
Around age 3, we put Joel and Judah in the local gymnastics program. Luther enjoyed and appreciated it WAY more than the other two. It was cute. 

Trip to Indian Lake
Around the time of my Birthday we went to Indian Lake, it was a blast as always.  The highlight for the boys is 'driving' Uncle Mike's boat...
June
June wasn't as relaxing as I had hoped... 
We took on a massive home project.  New floors, New doors & trim. Painted kitchen cabinets. Basically everything that was oak was painted white. Seems simple enough... right?

It took forever.. But the results were pretty fabulous...

VBS
Our church VBS was in June.  The theme was "Ocean Commotion" it was Judah's first time being in the real VBS program.  He was with Joel,.. I"m not sure if that was a good thing or not;) 
Surgery
The week of VBS I had surgery to repair my umbilical hernia.  It appeared during Luther's pregnancy and just got worse during Vera's.  I tell people the surgery was the opposite of Birth.. During the surgery it was heavenly.. a nice long 2 hour nap in the middle of the day. Afterwards, it was terrible.  Super drowsy/moody and more pain than I expected. All in all, it was a great surgery and recovery.  Taking 6 weeks off lifting was the hardest part :)  But this CrossFit mom got pretty creative...

Joel's Birthday
I don't think we did anything other than this for Joel's Birthday...Kinda sad. But that's what happens right?
Vacation
Vacation was 2 weeks after surgery. We went to hocking hills. It was really a great time...
Vera just hated the water the first time she got in...
July
Lots of Library trips
In July and really all Summer long, we took weekly trips to the library where we got 70+ books...
RV trip
We took the newest RV out for a trip to Illinois near the end of July.  As always, it was very fun but very exhausting!

We stopped at a campground and did some hiking.  This trail wasn't nearly as beautiful as all of the trails at Hocking Hills but still fun nonetheless.




In case you are wondering.. This is what it looks like when a toddler gets a bug bite on his eyelid...

August
At the end of Summer we took a few trips to Cosi...Vera now likes the water...


And, of course, so do the boys...




 More proof that Vera likes the water now...


I think this is the part where I apologize profusely for not updating the blog monthly, and promise to do better next time.. but lets face it, that just isn't happening. Life keeps getting in the way!



















No comments:

Post a Comment