Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Joel's mega C trial Day #1

After 6 round of antibiotics, 5 months of green snot (this is not an exaggeration), wheezing, and 2 very persistent ear infections Mommy decided it was time to try something new for Joel.  I just wasn't sure what it would be... a few days ago.. at the grocery store.. I got my answer.  Vitamin C.

Why Vitamin C you say? Well.. I'll tell ya..

Joel III and I were shopping at ALDI and I picked up some lemons for Joel to squeeze into his water (I'm such a great wife, I know).  Joel III immediately said "see those lemons! see those lemons!" not an uncommon thing.  I handed the mesh bag of 4 lemons to him.  A few minutes later I noticed something strange.. silence from a toddler! Wow. Why was he so quiet? oh...  only because he was sucking and chewing on a lemon rind (through the mesh bag) so hard that he was drooling all over the cart! It was as if he was thinking to himself  "Oh if only I could actually eat one of these..!"

Thats when I started to think to myself....  Perhaps he is deficient in Vitamin C!! Duh! you think?... every thing that has C in it he woofs down immediately: strawberries, citrus fruits, berries.  We never give him juice.  We give him a vitamin gummy bear in the morning.. he loves it and never forgets about it.. sometimes he sucks on it so that it lasts even longer!

So I decided to go with a Mega Vitamin C trial for Joel.. a few days of high dose vitamin C and then a maintenance dose or taper.. depending on the results.

I realize this might seem crazy to you.  However, the toxicity level of vitamin C is remarkably low.  The benefits could be amazing.  I have read some crazy good testimonies. And (here) Also, we know that having a child on 6 courses of antibiotics in 5 months isn't good... Yeah, I'm gonna give it a go.


amount of 'vitamin C candies' - appx. 20
dosage appx. 10,000 mg.
results: by the end of the day Joel was very happy bc he was high on sugar.  I noticed that the total amount of thick green snot he was having decreased a little bit.  But not enough to get me excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment