Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Joel's mega C trial Day #2

Posts I have read about this say to 'titrate to tolerance.'  The indicator: diarrhea.  Joel III experienced some bad diarrhea this morning and for his nap (his usual poop times). So we decreased the dosage.

amount of 'vitamin C candies' : 17
dosage: 8,500 mg
results: Joel woke up without any snot and very pleasant.  Pretty soon though, the green snot showed up again and man it was plentiful! I was disappointed.  But quickly I noticed this snot was different: it was MUCH THINNER. Which explained why it seemed to be more plentiful and more frequent.  I continued to wipe and wipe until nap time.  Joel woke up from his nap and played (did not cry).  This is very rare.  I am pleased.  I go in to get him up and notice something else weird: no snot.  I am very pleased.  The evening continues on with minimal nose-wiping.  I literally wiped his nose only 1 time and it was clear!  Joel said he did the same thing in the evening. Now we are talking!

Joel is wearing an orange tank top to honor his "Mega C  Trial"
Tomorrow I am excited to try a new drink called Emergen-C that supposedly does not contain as much sugar as regular vitamin 5 chewables.

No comments:

Post a Comment